Friday, November 18, 2011

An Introduction

Recently I've joined a group of talented individuals that craft greeting cards to send to our Heroes deployed overseas for their use in communicating with their families.  The group is call Operation Write Home.  You can find their website here:  http://operationwritehome.org . They also have a Facebook page you can find here:  https://www.facebook.com/opwritehome .  I have been inspired by these dedicated people to join their ranks and do what I can to help our Heroes. 

I'm not a complete newbie in card-making, but it's been a long time since I really made a concentrated effort to come up with some beautiful cards for sharing.  I'll be posting pictures of my cards so that we can all see the progress I make.  Maybe somewhere along the journey, you'll be inspired to join OWN!

I want to shout out a special thank you to my friend Barbara Thomas for encouraging me back in paper crafting and Cynthia Rodriguez, my Stampin Up distributor.  They make wonderful friends!


2 comments:

  1. Welcome to OWH, Paula! Thanks for your comment on my card. I usually use pre-colored digis for my cards, so stamping and using inks, and now some Copic markers - I'm a newbie there! I'd love to see what you come up with. Remember, no pressure, just make one card and post it. Or try the Wednesday challenge or Sunday sketch challenge at the OWH blog, Stars and Stripes. I am sure you will make lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I became a follower of your blog. That's my little Chihuahua Roxie's picture. She's snuggling in my bed with her head on my pillow and the reset of her under the covers staying warm and comfy!

    ReplyDelete